Monday, October 29, 2007

Assunta Alumni Summer Hunt 2007

We girls were excited after no hunt activity for a month. We were all raring to go. This time it was the Assunta Alumni Summer Hunt 2007. As for me, things had not been good since Saturday :(. I had a fall at the car workshop while servicing CH's car. Had to get his odometer fixed for the company's hunt in December. I sort of hurt my ankle. Then at night, I was having a bout of migraine attack. Grrr...didn't sleep well at all. Woke up at 5.40 am. Had a light breakfast and I was off to Sofia's place to lead her to our meeting point. We reached SMK Assunta a little bit past 7. The girls had some light breakfast and at 8.19 am, we flagged off. Things seemed to go wrong after we flagged off. No thanks to me, being the navigator, we lost our way after driving for a few kilometres. How embarassing and I was panicking. We decided to back track, and thanks to Lee Quan, she said she would take over the navigation while I be the passenger. We were back on track :) I apologized to the team for letting them down.

The rest of the journey was cracking our head and straining to look at all the signboards. There were 35 route questions - 30 normal questions and 5 bold question, and 4 treasures. The second last question was the hardest. It goes like this:
Q: Upright cover perhaps
A: Purple Star Group

When we reached that sector, there were already a lot of hunters there trying to crack this Q. As for us, still green in hunts, we got it wrong. hahaha... We just gave a tembak and drove back to the finishing point.

After submitting the answer sheets and treasures, we had to do a challenge. The challenge was counting grapes. I was like huh... we had to guess the number of grapes displayed, I don't know how many points we got for that challenge. There were 177 grapes. We only guessed it as 110. So was quite way off from the actual figure.

We had lunch and had to wait about 2 hours before the Q & A session. It was a tiring wait despite TOS having some games, eating the apples to kill off time. When the results were announced, we did not finish in the top 15, so no prize to bring home. The only consolation was winning RM 120 petrol voucher from BH Petrol for the lucky draw.

It was indeed a nice hunt and I felt that the team have improved from the previous hunt. Next stop, Sun Hunt on Nov 3.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we took more than an hour to get that last but one Q. they should have thought of better skill base task.

Good luck in theSun hunt

Julie Tan said...

Thanks Mike, good luck to your team as well :)

Cornelius said...

I don't get it, julie, I thought Assunta used to be an all-girls school. How did an all-men team get to qualify for this "alumni" hunt? Forgive me for my ignorance. Just curious.

Julie Tan said...

CKoh, this hunt is open to public. So it does not matter who joins. Yes it is still a girls school. This hunt is actually to raise fund for the school. One of my team members is an alumni member.

Lee Quan said...

i finally found your blog :) haha .. well written ... looking forward to the next hunt ..